I — like many Blaine fans — have been anticipating this episode for an awful lot of reasons. Most of them have to do with finding out more about the things that make our favourite former Warbler so angsty.
Personally, I was hoping for:
- Baby Blaine and clarification re: race and whitewashing.
- Family Anderson drama
- Blaine’s extreme reactions justified.
- An exquisite storyline between Artie and Quinn. I couldn’t exactly tell where the pivot was in this. Whether Quinn was being unrealistically hopeful, or whether Artie was being necessarily pessimistic, or jealous? There is probably a bit of everything. It’s quite a story and it’s the first time I’ve given a damn about Quinn.
- Sue’s amnio results — what is wrong with my brain that I didn’t see that coming?
- Baby Blaine offering no clarification on Blaine’s racial background. Some say he looked white, others have pointed to his gelled down hair.
- Blaine singing another “empowered woman” song. Not new, but thematic.
- Finchel being excessively annoying. OMG would they shut up yet?
- The most awkward character transition into glee club ever. This was worse than Sugar Motta.
- The most incestuous-sibling vibe since V.C. Andrews.