5) “Born This Way” (Season Two): More like Bored This Way (with the exception of Karofsky’s display of label lust, of course).
4) Big Gay Xmas (Season Three): Blaine and Kurt’s arch retro-closeting was as tedious as the rest of the episode.
3) Jêt-à-Jêt (Season Three): The boys’ duel over the role of Tony paralleled Ramin Setoodeh’s specious argument about gay actors playing straight.
2) Get Out! (Season Three): Finn’s outing of Santana was both out of character and narratively out there.
1) The Big Fuck (Season Three): We know a thing or two about gay sex, and cuddling while wearing a scoop-neck wife-beater does not count as losing your virginity.
This Vanity Fair writer makes me nuts. Because sometimes he is so spot on it hurts. And other times, I wonder what fucking planet he’s living on.
For the record, I thought it was genius the way Glee discussed casting gay-as-straight and turned it into an entirely different (and far more apt) discussion about passing and gender presentation.
Your thoughts on the two lists?